But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Sunday, April 22, 2012

ANTICIPATING AND PREPARING FOR THE BIG RACE!!!!

On Thursday of this week, I met up with some of my Merry Crazies group and we volunteered to pass out t-shirts for people registering for the Indianapolis Komen Race!
When we arrived, we registered with this lovely lady and she gave us our Voluneteer t-shirts!  We LOVE t-shirts!!!!

And these wonderful people registered people coming in...then sent them over to us for their t-shirts.

Here we are working hard....well, except for the "slacker".  LOL!
It was great to be with them for this fun-filled day and we were all looking forward to attending the Komen Race together on Saturday!
My cancer sisters, Carin and Amy!  I hadn't seen them for a couple of months, so it was so good to see them again!  Carin's hair is a "little" longer and darker now!  :=) 



It was fun meeting other ladies (survivors) that day!


And yes, I had to shop!  I mean, what's a woman to do when they see these smiling face waiting to check them out?  I controlled myself though and was proud of myself....just some pink shoelaces and socks for the BIG DAY!  Oh, and some earrings!

Betsy. our fearless leader with the big smile!



It was a great day for all of us in anticipation of the BIG RACE on Saturday!  I will tell you all about the race in a separate post, since I have so many pictures to share.  I don't want to overwhelm you all at once!  LOL!

I love my cancer sisters!  There is a bond with other women who have gone through this... that is hard to explain.  I just love the way all survivors are there for each other!

Until next time....get your mammograms!!!!!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment