But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, May 16, 2012

JACKSON COUNTY RELAY FOR LIFE SURVIVOR DINNER

Well, I woke up early this morning....way too early!  So, since I can't go back to sleep, I might as well update you on the Survivor Dinner I went to to last night. 

This weekend is both the Jackson County and the Jennings County Relay for Life and I plan to participate in both.  Jackson County had their Survivor Dinner last night.  This is the first Relay Survivor Dinner I have ever attended.  I missed them last year when I was going through my treatment.

My sister and I were both able to  attend, which was nice.   I couldn't help thinking I wish our mom would have survived and been there with us.

Sheila's husband, Denver, was able to attend with us too.  Unfortunately, Larry had to work over, so he wasn't able to be there.

It was a nice event and good to see so many survivors.  We had dinner, had some speakers, and they had each of us to stand to represent how many years we had survived.  That was interesting.  There was a lady there that has actually survived cancer for 44 years. 

After dinner, Sheila got with some friends she works with and I snapped their pictures.

She was actually happy that my camera goes everywhere....lol!

And then we posed with our survivor t-shirts we all received.
It was great to be honored for surviving...but I couldn't help but think of my mom and dad who didn't survive, as well as others.  But, I know they would both be happy for us.

Before we left, there were t-shirts to sign for the sponsors.  All survivors signed these for them.  I thought that was kinda neat.


Yikes!  When I bent down I had a little cleavage showing....very little...lol!  Well, it just goes to show that you can still have cleavage after reconstruction.  I never would have even attempted to wear such a dress with my droopy D's...lol!


I thought this was a neat idea.....and I'm all over neat ideas...lol!

It was a great night honoring survivors and now we are looking forward to the Relay this weekend.  We will attend the Jackson County Relay on Friday night and then will be at the Jennings County Relay all day Saturday.  We are hoping for good weather!

Until next time...celebrate whatever it is that you are surviving!  We are all survivors of something, as I know we all have things dealt to us in life that tests our strength and courage and faith. 
Be thankful for whatever God has brought you through.
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment