But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Tuesday, February 14, 2012

I MUST BE CRAZY! CRAZY ABOUT LIVING!!!!

Ok, I just registered for my very first 5K run!  I can't even do a mile on the treadmill...lol!  And, this isn't any regular 5K!
Ok,some of you will think I'm crazy.  That's ok...cause I think I'm crazy too...lol!  What has my cancer sister, Amy, gotten me into?  I know one thing. I will be going to this with the attitude of "getting dirty" and having "fun" and living life to the fullest!!!!
I'm going to do the Dirty Girls Mud Run in May in Noblesville....the first one to be held in Indiana!  Hey, as a cancer survivor it is free for me and it's in Indiana and I'll be with my other cancer surviving sistahs, so how could I resist?
Now, I'll be honest...I wasn't familiar with this until Amy let me know about it.  She was already registered and even though I don't know if I can do it (physically), I have now registered too.  We're on the Merry Crazies team (the name of our support group)....I'm thinking that name is definately a fitting name for us.  lol!  I'll certainly give it my best shot.  NO...I'll do better than that....I'LL DO IT, no matter how long it takes!!!!  How's that for a "can-do" attitude?  I'm like the little engine that says, "I think I can....I think I can it....!"

Now, what is it, you ask?  Well, here is how it's described on their website!  http://www.godirtygirl.com/

Dirty Girl is a 5k mud run for women of all ages and athletic abilities. Don't worry, it's not a "race" in the traditional sense.  It is an untimed obstacle course designed to push you slightly out of your comfort zone, but only as far as you are comfortable going. Forming teams is encouraged, and so is helping your fellow Dirty Girls get through to the finish. At a Dirty Girl Mud Run you'll find excitement, laughter, and camaraderie—as well as lots of music and even some adult beverages. It's a day you'll never forget.

And if you want to SEE what it is, I encourage you to watch the video at their website!  I'm doing it for fun....definately getting out of my comfort zone.  But, I'm tired of my "comfort zone" and am ready to venture out into new and exciting things!  I think I can get dirty to help raise money for Breast cancer!  :=)
This should be loads of fun for this ol' gal!  I might need those adult beverages to loosen this ol' body up...lol!  I'll see if I've still got it or if I'm "over the hill"!  I've got some training to do...better fire up that treadmill!!!!  :=)  Anyone want to do it with me?  Hey, Jen, we will need a photographer and you would make a great one with your awesome camera!  Are you "in"?  :=)

ANOTHER DOCTOR APPOINTMENT TODAY

Today I went to my plastic surgeon.  It had been a month since I had seen him, so I was eager to see what he had to say about my progress and discuss some options for some of those "little things" that I don't quite like about my new foobs (no, that's not mispelled...I learned that's what they're called on a lot of breast cancer discussion boards...lol). 

I think I learned something today and I left there a lot happier than I did the last time.  I think I learned that you have to speak up and specifically point out what you don't like!  I learned that there are things that can be done to "fix" these areas I don't like....including some fat grafting and lipo-suction.  I'm not trying to be "too picky", but I don't want to just "settle" if I have options that could fix these things!  So, I left there happy today, knowing that there are future plans to "fix" the things I don't like.  But, first, he wants to go ahead and do the tattooing.  It isn't scheduled yet and his nurse, who does the tattooing, said it would probably be spring before she does it.  So, they are suppose to call me back with my appointment.  Then once the tattooing is finished up, we can work on those other little issues!  :=) 

I have said all along on this journey that "knowledge is power" and I firmly believe that!  When you don't know there are options you don't ask!  I have done a lot of talking with others and researching breast reconstruction.....enough to make me be assertive enough to point out the things I want "fixed".  Without this knowledge, I probably would have figured this is as good at it gets and accepted that this is part of having the misfortune of having a masectomy!  But, now I know these issues can be "fixed" and I'll be much happier once they are.  Not being vain...please don't think that...I just want to look as good as possible after all I've been through....even if I'm (or hubby) are the only ones to see them!  :) 

STAMPING CLASS
Last night was our February Stamp Class.  We always have such a good time and I love the group of gals we have!  We have been together for 3 years now and have formed friendships and had a lot of fun in those 3 years!  We always make two cards and one 3-D item at our monthly class.

Look at our 3-D project this month....wouldn't you love to receive this when you're sick?  What a cute little "dr. bag" and who doesn't love chocolate?  It would also be a cute little purse and I'm thinking of making it in black and pink for my Thirty-One business.

When we got done, we all invaded Larry's "man cave" and asked him to take a picture of us and our projects we were so proud of!  He loves the girls coming over, so he didn't mind the invasion!  :=)

I'm having another busy week.  I may be going up to Indianapolis tomorrow with my sister to visit our brother-in-law and a friend, who are in the same hospital fighting cancer.  Please say a prayer for Nick and for Andee.  Thursday night is my monthly support group dinner with the Merry Crazies!  I'm really looking forward to that!  Friday is my MRI and Bone Density test.  Then Saturday night is our first Red Hatter event...can't wait!  I'll have pictures for you!  :=) Keeping busy is good, right?  It keeps my mind from wandering into dwelling on the thought of reoccurence.  I don't worry so much...but the thought is just always there and keeping busy keeps my mind from even going there.

Until next time...try something that might take you out of your "comfort zone"!  If you have any health problems, learn as much about it as you can....remember, knowledge is power!  And start a new hobby!  Hey, if you're in my area and want to come to a stamp class, let me know!  Hobbies are good for you!  :=)
Cindy

Some photos used were "borrowed" from http://www.godirtygirl.com/   I hope they don't mind.  Once I do the run myself, I'll have my own photos!  :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment