But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, October 3, 2011

OCTOBER IS BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH!

I'm sure you all know October is Breast Cancer Awareness month....it's hard to escape, isn't it?  It has taken on a whole new meaning to me this year!  I just went to Wal Mart and they had all kinds of breast cancer items for sale.  Yes, I must confess that I couldn't resist a pink Colts t-shirt (#18 - Manning, of course) with the pink ribbon on it and a pink sock hat with the ribbon on it.  I wished I'd had one (the knitted sack hat) downtown at the Oktoberfest this weekend.  Even though I have a little hair now, it's certainly not enough to keep my head warm, and my ears got especially cold.  You'd be surprised how warm hair can keep you!   So, when I saw the sock hat....I had to have it!  I'll be prepared for the next cold spell!  Not this week though...the week is suppose to be beautiful with sunshine...yay!

You know, it's a good thing I look good in pink.  I don't look so great in yellow, so I'm thankful the breast cancer color isn't yellow.  But, pink is good for me....I've always been told all my life that I look good in pink....it gives me "color".  So, I am finding myself obsessed with pink right now.  LOL!

No real "health news" today.  I'm feeling great!  Even the Arimidex isn't causing me any problems yet....hopefully it won't!  I go for another "fill" tomorrow and then two more after that.  I'll be finished with the "fills" by the end of October.  I must say.....they are beginning to look more like boobs now.  LOL!  I want to share this really cute video with you today....in honor of all women who have to shop for that "first bra" after a masectomy.  It's a cute video and will surely make you smile!  As women, I think we can all relate to it!  Enjoy!

Introducing the first musical dedicated to and inspired by breast cancer. Produced for Breast Fest, a film festival in Toronto, all the participants, from the composer to the director to the actors, donated their time and talents because breast cancer has touched their lives.

Watch as a young woman who has lost a breast to cancer searches for a new bra in a lingerie shop filled with other women searching for their own perfect foundation garment. She sings, dances, and realizes that she is beautiful and not alone!
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/clickToGive/bcs/article/Breast-Cancer-the-Musical408?origin=BCS_FACE_SUPPORT_ADGROUP_BLOG_BCMUSICAL_10-3_CTG

The Changing of the Seasons
We are having beautiful Fall days and it just perks me up so much!  Fall has always been my absolute favorite season!  Yesterday Kim and I went shopping for straw bales, fodder shocks, mums and pumpkins and decorated two spots in my front yard.
This is one of my spots out by the road and Kim said I needed a scarecrow.  So, since I didn't have one, she volunteered!  LOL....that's my sister!

And this is the "scene" up by my front porch.  Fall just makes me happy!

Now, I'm not ready for the "next season", but have begun my Christmas shopping  and hope to have it finished up by the end of November.  With having two surgeries coming up in December (Dec 2 and Dec 22), I thought it might be a good idea to get started now, so if I see an item that makes me think of "so and so", I am trying to pick it up....or at least make a mental note to go back and get it.  We don't buy a ton like we did when we were raising kids (well, we really never did buy tons, but you know what I mean)....so our shopping is a lot more simplified than it used to be.  It'll be great if I can get it finished up before December so I can relax and recuperate and enjoy the holidays with my family.

Until next time....Enjoy this beautiful season!  Every "season of life" has it's blessings!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment