But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Saturday, October 1, 2011

A SURPRISE ON MY PORCH!

  I had a different post planned for tonight, but I just have to share this with you all!  It all began with this box I found on my front porch just a bit ago.  I had been up at the Oktoberfest all afternoon, so I wasn't home when the mailman came.  And this is what I found on our porch when I came home.

And there it was!  My first thought was...."I don't remember ordering anything."  As I picked it up, I was racking my brain trying to remember what I ordered.  Then I looked at the little return address.....Kathleen Avery, Newport News, VA.  Hmmmm, I don't know who that is.  I surely must have ordered something from her and just can't remember what!

So, I opened it!
I found this beautiful card inside...I knew instantly it was from a "fellow stamper" and the note she wrote inside explained it all. 

Isn't this card gorgeous!
As I read her note, I was so humbled and touched and tears came to my eyes.  She explained that she had been following my blog and the afghan inside was to let me know I was "loved and prayed for". 

Inside was this beautiful pink handmade afghan....a real treasure!
How do you thank a total stranger who has blessed you like this and made you feel so special and loved?  "Thank you" just doesn't seem like enough....it seems so "little".  Kathleen, you made my day and touched me so much with your special gift.  Please accept my sincerest thanks for this lovely afghan and beautiful handmade fall card.  I will treasure it forever and it will be a constant reminder of how "good and caring" people can be and how God can use others to bless us....even in the midst of cancer.  He can bring us blessings wherever we are in our lives.  He doesn't desert us during our "trials"...He walks with us through them.  I truly believe that and know that it is through His love and the love of others, even total strangers, that I have been able to deal with my illness and even be blessed through my journey.

I had to run into my hubby's "man cave" and show him my gift and Kathleen, you not only brought tears to my eyes.....you brought tears to his.  We are both deeply touched by your gift.

Look how big it is!  Oh, this will feel good these fall and winter evenings!

It's such a pretty color of pink and is just so special!

Until I can properly thank you, Kathleen, I wanted to let you know how much you blessed me today.  God bless you for this most awesome gift and your love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment