But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Thursday, September 29, 2011

NEWSPAPER PHOTO SHOOT!

Today Sheila and I were visited by Alton, a photographer for the Columbus Republic newspaper.    And I turned the camera on him!  :=)
Alton was a very nice, friendly young man and we enjoyed getting to meet him.  The Columbus Republic will be printing a special section called "PINK PURPOSE" in an upcoming newspaper.  I'm not sure of the exact date it will come out, but believe it will be next week....maybe a Sunday edition.  I need to verify it and then I'll let you know the date.  Anyway, the special section will be featuring stories of those fighting or who have fought breast cancer, and it will feature "our story"....mom, Sheila, and me.  I so wish Mom could have lived and been in the photo with us...she would have gotten a kick out of it.  

Here's Sheila getting an extension cord ready for him. 

I think Sheila and I were just expecting him to show up with his camera, but he had other "equipment" he set up.....he was quite a professional.   He shot the photos out in her back yard and he took TONS of shots, so surely he got at least one good one out of all of them!  LOL!  Jen, he had a really nice Nikon that just kept shooting photo after photo and I thought of you and your camera!  :=) 

I was thinking this was something else I could mark off my "bucket list"....I already had my "nude photo shoot" at the plastic surgeon's office....and now I was having a newspaper photo shoot.  But, then I remembered years and years ago.....before "extreme couponing tv shows", I was featured in the Seymour Tribune and they followed me to the grocery store and then to my home for shots of me and my couponing/refunding.  Yep, I was an "extreme couponer" before it became HOT on tv!  I got over $70 worth of groceries for a little over $4 on that trip.  That was a big deal back then!  Anyone remember that article?...way back when my kids were little...probably early 80's.  So, I guess this wasn't my first news photo shoot after all.

Big smile girls!!!!!

Thank you Alton. for taking such care in photographing us.  We can't wait to see how they turned out!  You made us feel like celebrities!  LOL!  Seriously, we are grateful to the Columbus Republic and everyone who has worked on this special "Pink Purpose" section and for giving us the opportunity to use our story to help spread awareness.  It is our deepest desire to help encourage others who may face this journey at some point in their lives and to help spread the message of early detection.
Once Alton had packed up and left for his next photo shoot, we took off to get us an Apple Dumpling at the Oktoberfest. 

 
The Lutheran Apple Dumpling is always a "must have" at Oktoberfest time!  There are just certain things you look forward to every year.

Sheila just finished up and was enjoying the music.  It was awesome!


We didn't get to stay long, but it was an absolutely gorgeous day!  I totally love the Fall and our short little visit downtown was very enjoyable.

I just had to show you these!  Do you know what they are?  Painted Pumpkins!  I especially love the bowl of popcorn.  LOL!  How clever, huh?

Until next time....get out and enjoy these Fall days before the cold of winter is upon us!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment