But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Saturday, September 10, 2011

SOMETIMES YOU JUST NEED TO BE PAMPERED!

Ok, I have a confession.  In the past few weeks I've been bored and unmotivated and just not very active.  I think the discomfort of the tissue expanders and the stretching muscle just made it hurt to do much....so I've done very little.  But, this sitting around and watching tv is getting old.  I might have even been getting a "little depressed" from not feeling like doing much.

Well, today Sheila stopped by and she was heading out for a pedicure and told me to go with her and get a manicure.   I have been telling her for months now that I planned to get a manicure...I just never went and did it....yet!  My nails had grown so long that they made her cringe and I would always tell her I didn't want to cut them myself because I planned to go get them manicured.  The funny part of all of this is that my fingernails USED to make her cringe because I'd bite them down to the skin....it's the first time in my life that my nails have grown and they were still making her cringe...she's just hard to make happy!  LOL!

Anyway, today seemed like the perfect day to go with her and get my manicure!  It started out with this guy clipping my nails and cleaning them and giving me a hand massage....he was quite a character.  LOL!

Then Kim took over!

She is the one who painted my nails for me.  I asked her if she could do pink ribbons on them and she said YES!  So, I got them painted white with pink ribbons on each nail. 

Now how cool does that look? 

I even bought me a pink thumb/toe ring!  I love the way she did my nails!  My sister, Pam, manages a Chicos in Evansville and is having a Breast Cancer Awareness event at the store and has asked me to come down and be available to talk with other women for the event.  So, my nails will be perfect for this event!  :=)  Plus, I'm going to stay over and do the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure with her on Saturday.

And while I was getting my fingernails done, Sheila was getting her pedicure!  I've never had a pedicure.....YET!  That will be next on my list!  :=)

Sheila had never had any designs painted on her nails before and really liked my pink ribbons, so when the gal asked if she'd like to have some flowers painted on her big toes, she went for it!  :=)

I think this is just what I needed today....a little pampering!  It did me a world of good and my nails never looked better!  Thanks Sheila, for getting me motivated today!  Fingernails today...tattoo next year!  :=)

Until next time......pamper yourself a little bit today!
Cindy

PS...I almost forgot to tell you this!  Not much medical is happening right now, but I did get my third "fill" done Thursday!  So, now I'm up to 450cc, with the goal to be 650cc.  So, only 200cc (4 more fills) to go!  "They" are beginning to take shape!  They should be finished up the end of October and then I'll get the month of November "off" before my surgery on December 2.  For now, it is beginning to feel better and I am moving my arms with less discomfort/pain.  I "feel" the muscle stretching at all times....but it's getting easier.  Once the expanders are removed, this discomfort will go away!





No comments:

Post a Comment