But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Sunday, September 18, 2011

A NIGHT AT THE RACES!!!!

Aren't we such a cute couple!  :=)  Larry took me to the races last night!  Now I'm not a big race person....never go....but, Larry loves them!  He actually used to be on the pit crew of a race team.  He got some free tickets for the ARCA race at Salem at his job and invited me to go with him and I decided it was "something to do and get me out of the house for an evening". 

He managed to get two more free tickets, so we invited Sheila and Denver to go with us.  So, we went on a "double date".  Yeah, Sheila and I were cheap dates, considering the tickets were free....LOL!

It was a beautiful evening....didn't even get cold like I thought it would.  I really enjoyed it!

I saw that Jesus had a car there, so I put my money on Him!  :=)

We had great seats and as the motors rumbled by, I could "feel" the excitement and it even made me a little queasy to watch how fast they were going.  But, I got more comfortable with the speed and quit being a "mother hen" worrying they would wreck and get hurt...LOL! 

And then we had our first wreck!  Ooooh, excitement!  If I'm to be totally honest, I'll admit that I, along with everyone else, loves to watch a good wreck (where no one gets hurt).  We had a few other wrecks along the way, but not many.  But, the most exciting ones came when a car purposely sought down another car to run into him and then that car chased him down and rammed into him.  I don't know what their "beef" with each other was, but it sure did bring the fans to their feet!  No one was hurt...probably just injured egos....but it put some excitement into the middle of the race.

And it brought back great memories of my dad.  When I was a teenager, Daddy started taking us to the races in Brownstown and he so enjoyed them.  I couldn't help but think of him as the cars raced by.

I think one thing that cancer has taught me is to venture out in life and do things that I wouldn't normally do.  When I do, I have such a good time! 

Until next time.....venture out a little.....do something you wouldn't normally do and you might be surprised how much fun you have!  :=)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment