But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, January 18, 2012

YOU NEED SUPPORT...YOU ARE NOT ALONE!



When thinking of my cancer journey,  I am reminded of all of the support I received from different sources.  It was because of this support that I was able to stay positive and stayed away from depression, which I have always been prone to.  I cannot stress enough how important it is to stay positive during your treatments and how important this support was to me.  If you have been there in any way to support me...I thank you so much!  You may think it was "small", but I can guarantee you, any support helped me and no gesture was considered small to me. 

They were Zombies...lol!

Just like last night..... I went to watch my granddaughter do a dance during a basketball halftime and upon my arrival I was instantly approached by someone I hadn't seen in a very long time.  This gal was a good friend of my oldest daughter during their teenaged years and spent a lot of time at our house growing up and is now an adult with children herself.  She probably has no idea how good she made me feel when she approached me with a big hug and asked how I was doing.  I actually didn't even know that she knew I had breast cancer.  Just that warm gesture made me feel good....to know that others care.

Tomorrow night I am going with my cancer sisters (Amy and Carin) to a Support Group dinner.  This group meets once a month at a restaurant in Greenwood, but I have never been.  Amy and Carin told me about it and I can't wait to join them tomorrow night!

I want to stress to you....if you are facing cancer or some other life-changing event in your life.....be open to the support of others.  Sometimes it may take us out of our "comfort zone", but you will find that once you get out of that comfort zone, there are blessings and new friendships to be gained!  I could not have made it through my journey without the support I found everywhere....through friends, family, acquaintances, strangers, even the servers in restaurants.  I have even found "silent support" through videos and blogs I have found online.  Just connecting with others going through your "journey" can be so helpful!  I am saddened when I meet someone going through something and dealing with depression on top of it.  I know how easily that could have been me....if it hadn't been for the people that "loved me through it".

I'll be sure to take my camera with me tomorrow and get pictures.  I'm really looking forward to seeing Amy and Carin again, and making new friends! 

Nothing medically going on right now...other than my upcoming annual exam at the end of the month by my regular physician, including bloodwork this Friday.  I urge everyone to get their annual check-ups!  I just continue to heal from my implant surgery and wait for the implants to drop and position themselves.  I've had some concerns, but have decided maybe I just need to be more patient.  I have found that getting the permanent implants isn't the "end of the road".  I look great in my clothing....not so great without them...but, who's gonna see that anyway...lol!  I won't be seeing Dr. Jackson again until Feb. 14 and hopefully he will be able to tell what to do next.  I think I'm surprised at how tight my muscle in front of my implants still is.  I still feel like I've got a tight bra on...even when I have none on at all.  I will just "wait and see" what the next step is and try to be patient.  I've made it this far....I don't need to hurry this!  I am trusting it will all work out and at least I'm not fighting with any infections.


ROAD TRIPS COMING UP!
I'm excited.....I love road trips!  This Sunday I will be heading to Lexington, Ky, with my girlfriend, Linda.  We are both Scentsy consultants and we will going down there for a Spring Fling event.  The event is on Wednesday, but we are going a couple of days early to visit with some of her family down there.  We'll be back home on Thursday and then on Friday I'll be heading back out again.

Friday I am heading to Nashville, TN with another friend, Ami.  We are both Thirty-One Consultants and she called tonight and talked me into going to a Thirty One Retreat down there. 

   It didn't take much to talk me into it.....we will be staying at the Gaylord Hotel.  I have soooo wanted to check this place out and Larry and I have even discussed going there in December.  It's a wonderful opportunity and a chance I just couldn't say "no" to!  We will be attending classes to help our businesses and networking with other Thirty One consultants.  I'm sure we will have a lot of fun!  I will also be meeting up with gals I met this summer at the Convention when I was on chemo.....when I had to be pushed around in a wheelchair.  I look forward to seeing them again and showing them that, "hey, I'm ok!!!".

Until next time.....watch for those opportunities to take your own road trip!  It doesn't even have to be far!  Enjoy life!  And remember that we are all in this thing called "life" together!  Let's support each other through it!  :=)
Hugs, Cindy

Yes, even the Pink Ribbon events helped keep my spirits up during my journey.
I know some people seem angry about all of the "pink events", but I embraced them,
and I felt great support from them.  I enjoyed this video and thought I'd share it with you all.
I will be participating in the Indianapolis Komen Race for the Cure in April!  I agree that
breast cancer is much more than the pink ribbon and all of the hoopla...but the hoopla just helps
me get through it.

No comments:

Post a Comment