But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Sunday, January 1, 2012

OH WHAT A YEAR 2011 WAS!!!!

2011 was a blessed year for me, in spite of...or maybe because of....being diagnosed with cancer.  2010 was a very difficult year for me and God used 2011 as a time of emotional healing for me. 

The best way to review my 2011 is in photos.  Not only did I keep this online journal of my year, but I also documented it in pictures.  My camera went everywhere with me...well almost...they wouldn't let me take it in the operating rooms.  lol!  I have put some collages together to depict my year and must say, it has brought back some wonderful memories for me and made me laugh at times.  I met so many special people on this journey and I smiled as I went through the pictures to put together.  Each photo holds a special memory for me.

This depicted my journey in the early days.  I began chemo first, so started it shortly after being diagnosed.  So, I pretty much spent my summer bald!  Then came the Relay for Life shortly after my diagnosis.  I got a "new" car from some good friends.  Went to "Look Good, Feel Better" where I met my wonderful "Cancer Sisters".

Chemo, surgery, birthday, swimming, wig shopping, Indians ballgame, Thirty-One Convention in Columbus, Ohio, lunches......


Bi-lateral masectomy, pillows, love and support, fingernails (yay!!!), and lunch....

Komen Race for the Cure in Evansville, IN, Breast Cancer Awareness at Chicos, meeting other "sisters in pink" and Republic Newspaper article......hmmmm, no lunch?????  Oh, wait, I see a lunch!!!  Second picture on bottom....with Ruby and Bob Evans!  Yay!!!!

Beautiful Fall day in Nashville, IN, visiting an old friend, showing reconstruction progress, hair growth, oh, and lunches (yay!!!)......

Stamp Class, Sleep Study, Nashville with Linda and Martha where we bumped into Santa, my special nurse during my implant surgery, Linda teaching me to make a no-sew throw, gambling at French Lick, my "special card", Dr. Van Valer releasing me from the CPAP machine (yay!!!!), Vince Gill and Amy Grant concert with Sheila....and I think I see lunch in there with my Cancer Sisters.....
Thanksgiving at Brown County Inn, my first pillows to make, and Nashville, IN the day after Thanksgiving, and lunch.....

Delivering "goodies" to special people, official "bra fitting" following implant surgery, favorite Pizza Hut waitress (Randi), special time with friends to celebrate Christmas, celebrating at Olive Garden with their crew (does it mean you eat out too much if the people working there get to be some of your bffs?  lol), and lunches.....

Oh, what a hodgepodge and out of place....strangling cancer, chemo nurses, special afghan from a reader, (fake) haircut and (real) manicure, special people, size 14/16 (yay!!!), gifts, Komen Race and Relay for Life, and lunch (first pic! lol)......

Thanksgiving with my family at home, Luke playing with my Xbox I won from 31, walking the calories off on the treadmill, and lunch with Andee and her family.......

Another hodgepodge out of place....Relay for Life, buzzing my hair off after chemo, recovery room, my special shoes I splurged on, my goofy wig pic, and ....no lunch????  What???  Seriously?  That is so wrong........

Christmas at home with my family, Christmas Eve at church with Jen, another surgery, and welcoming the New Year.....

Yes, I was diagnosed with cancer in 2011, which could mean it was the worse year of my life!  But, I can honestly say it wasn't and instead, it became one of the best years of my life!  Strange, I know....but I wouldn't change it!  Cancer did not own me....instead, I received so many blessings through it....and I survived it!  2010 was the worst year of my life....2011 brought emotional healing in the midst of the physical illness.  God used 2011 to show me how worthy and loved I am after a year of emotional pain and feeling un-loved.  I am thankful to be alive and thank God for His many blessings in 2011.    Looking at these pictures again I am reminded of just how "full" my year was.  Full of blessings and full of joy.  Yes, there were "hard times", but He walked through them with me and I came out on the "other side" feeling renewed!  I'm ready for whatever God has in store for me in 2012!!!  And I thank Him for 2011!!!

Until next time....I challenge you to take your camera everywhere and document your 2012 in pictures!  Even the most everyday events can come alive if you just have a camera tucked away in your purse!  I can look through all of these pictures and am reminded of my year and events that I may have forgotten about!  I am reminded of the people I met along the way who have become very special to me....and some I may never see again.....I can look at the doctors and nurses who helped me through this every step of the way...and I can remember all of those special lunches with special friends!  I will continue to take my camera everywhere....I have found that there are photo opportunities around every corner and each one can tell the "story of your life"!  Make 2012 special......enjoy life, even in the midst of storms!  Stay positive and surround yourself with positive people and positive activities!  And talk to God daily!  He understands it all and knows the desires of your heart....trust Him!  And thank you for following my journey....I appreciate you being here!  :=)
Cindy 

No comments:

Post a Comment