But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Friday, January 27, 2012

ON THE ROAD AGAIN....I JUST CAN'T WAIT TO GET ON THE ROAD AGAIN.....

Hey everyone!  This is just a quickie post to say hi and let you know I'm still doing fine!  I've been "on the road" with a trip to Lexington, KY with my friend Louise (aka Linda.....I'm Thelma...lol).  We went down there for a Scentsy Spring Sprint event....we both sell Scentsy.  We got home yesterday and I got to sleep in my own bed and now I'm heading to Nashville, TN with another friend, Ami, for a Thirty-One Gifts Retreat....we both sell Thirty-One.  I have got to kick start these businesses of mine, as they kind of "died" when I got cancer and had to go through treatments.  So, I'm trying to get re-energized and a good cheerleading session might just do the trick!  :=)

When I came home yesterday I had two phone messages from my doctor's office.....my regular doctor.  I went for blood work last week, prior to my annual check-up that is scheduled for next week.   Well, I was a little alarmed by two phone messages telling me they were calling me with a test result.  Oh no, what part of my blood work didn't look good???  I didn't panic, but it was unusual for them to call prior to the check-up....he usually just goes over the blood work with me then.  What could be wrong?  And of course I didn't listen to my messages until last night, so it was too late to call.  I called first thing this morning and found out my Vitamin D report shows that I have a Vitamin D deficiancy and he wants me to start taking calcium and Vitamin D every day.  Whew!  I actually asked them to check my Vitamin D...they don't do that normally.  But, I had recently discovered that a Vitamin D deficiency could be tied to breast cancer.  If that is true, I wanted to know if I had a deficiency.  Even though I've had my breasts removed, I can still get breast cancer in my liver, bones, brain, and lungs.  Did you know that?  Even though it would be in my liver, if it is that same cell, it would still be considered breast cancer metasticizing there.  So, if Vit D is a factor, then I wanted to know if I was deficient....anything I can do to fight off a re-occurence anywhere is a good thing!  So, I was relieved that was the result she wanted to give me.  She even said she didn't know why he wanted her to call me on that one and she apologized for alarming me (lol).  I guess he wanted to let me know since I had specifically asked for it.  Anyway, all is good!  Maybe next time you get bloodwork, ask them to check your Vitamin D.  I still want to do some more research on it and see what other problems a deficiency can cause.

Until next time...stay warm and get those mammograms!  I will have lots of pictures of my road trips to share when I get back!
Hugs, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment