But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, August 1, 2011

DAY 6 AFTER MY SURGERY AND STILL TICKING! :=)

Wow, I can't believe it's been a week tomorrow since my surgery!  That week flew!  I didn't have much to update you on over the weekend.....just more sleeping and eating!  LOL!  Such is my life now.  I'm feeling really good actually, but can't do a whole lot because I can't move my arms around to reach or stretch or do much with them.  So, I'm still being lazy.  But, I'm making "to do lists" in my mind of what I want to do when I'm all healed.  I'm getting a lot done in my head....LOL!   I think I've got the worst behind me!   I'm just really amazed how good I feel after having a surgery like this. 

Now, I'm not sugarcoating this and telling you there is no pain at all involved, but it's tolerable   I was also able to remove the pain pump this weekend.  It went dry and all I had to do was pull those little tubes out.  No big deal....no pain involved in removing them.  The pain pump was amazing!  Of course I don't know how I would have felt without it, but I think I'm safe to say ..."not so good".

Tomorrow I return for a follow up to Dr. Jackson's office (the plastic surgeon).  I'm looking forward to talking with him and seeing how things are going.  I feel like I'm doing really good....but I want to hear it from a doctor!  The drains are still in and he will be determining tomorrow if they can come out.  I have to drain less than 20 mm within a 24 hour period....I'm keeping a log at home.....and I'm sooooo close!  But I'm not sure it's "close enough"!  Of course I'll be happy to get rid of them, but they really aren't bad at all.  So I can live with them a little longer if I have to.

More pillows!  Remember the beautiful heart pillows Carin gave me in the hospital?  Let me tell you they are constant companions!  You just wouldn't believe the soft support they've been giving me.
These pillows are made a little different.....a "U" shape instead of a heart.  And they came with the little strap to strap them over my shoulder.  These are made by the Vernon Baptist Church and I want to take this opportunity to thank these ladies for this wonderful ministry!  I'm using these in my car as I drive (no, I'm not driving yet!  Can't drive until the drains are out!)

I have to say this.  I have been so overwhelmed by the love and generosity of my family and friends and even strangers!  You can't imagine how much a card in the mail can touch me.  Or an email, phone call, or any communication from people letting me know they care and encouraging me.  This journey has turned out to be spiritual for me and restored my faith that "mankind is good" and God is still in control and loves me.  It has shown me how even a small gesture can mean so much.  I look back on the times when I maybe didn't know what to do.....or thought a card or phone call wouldn't be enough....and I've learned from this journey that you soak up every ounce of love and encouragement....from strangers and family and friends alike.  It's not an easy journey, but you can receive many blessings along the way....just keep your heart open on any journey you find yourself on.  God has a plan.  He can take something "bad" and bring "good" out of it.  I am still very overwhelmed by the generosity of Larry's co-workers.  It just amazes me how people want to help.....even if they don't know me.  I feel like "thank you" isn't enough.....but, it's all I have.  I do hope they know how very much their support has meant.  So, let me say now that if you've called, facebooked me, sent a card, lifted me in prayer, thought about me as I went through my journey, given a gift, a hug.....whatever......God has used all of your gestures to minister to me.  He knows what you have done and I know He will bless you along your journey of life. 

Until next time......"thanks" doesn't seem like it's enough.....but it's  all I have to give you in return.  Please accept it from my heart.  God's blessings to all of you.

Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment