But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Tuesday, August 23, 2011

PRAYERS FOR RUBY AND MORE UPDATES

Please pray for my new friend, Ruby, who had the same surgery I had.....double masectomy with immediate reconstruction.  I met Ruby through my surgeon's office.  She lives in Nashville, IN and we were able to meet for lunch last Friday.  We had talked on the phone, but this was the first time we met each other in person.  It was good to share our experience and since I've already had my surgery, I was able to answer any questions she may have and I hope I gave her encouragement.  She had her surgery just yeserday (Monday) and she's been on my mind and in my prayers.  Will you please pray for Ruby too.  Thank you so much!

MY FAMILY BIRTHDAY DINNER!
Well, my birthday was last week but the celebrating continued on last night.  My hubby, kids, grandkids and son-in-laws took me out to eat at Texas Roadhouse.  They must have heard we were coming  because look what greeted us as soon as we entered!
Not only that, but we had a real party, complete with a magician!  Who could ask for more at their birthday party?

And the magician topped the party off with our special hats!  :=)
And when he found out I was a birthday girl, he made me an extra special crown!  My girls were afraid he'd pull my wig off as he measured my head.  The way they were giggling about it, I think they were secretly hoping he would!  I thought about removing my wig later and confronting him about his balloons and what they did to me.  LOL!  Erin said I could have removed it and shown him MY magic trick!  LOL!
Me and my grandkids....Luke, Abby, and Jenna!

It must have been funny!

Luke and Joe (his daddy) were at my party.

And Nathan was there, but I'm thinking he looks a little bored!  Probably upset that he didn't get a special hat!

And there's my girls, plus Abby.  They aren't normal....they took after their daddy!  Look at Erin's tonsils....LOL!  They're going to love me for putting this on here.  I told them when they were little that their face may freeze like that and they never would listen to me! 

What a great time I had with my family!

FILL 'ER UP AND LOSE THAT DRAIN!!!!
Today I went to Dr. Jackson again, hoping to get my drains removed!  Well, I was able to get ONE drain out....but the other one remains.  I'm really close on it.  It needs to drain less that 30 in a 24 hour period.  Maybe by the end of the week.....or surely by next week!
I'm at least happy to have one of them out.  Now I can shower one half of my body....if I could figure out how to do that.  LOL!  It hurt a "little" to get it out, but no big deal really.  She just said to take a deep breathe and hold it and I felt a stinging and was bracing myself and then she said, "ok, it's out".  It stung, but it was fast.  She just had to yank it out.  One more to go!  And once I get my other drain out I won't have these lumps under my shirt that make me look fatter than I am!

Speaking of "fatter', I am thrilled at my weight loss.  Not a good diet plan, but now that I've lost it I'm going to try really hard to keep it off.  I've lost nearly 50 pounds since this journey began back in April and people are even beginning to comment on it....so, it's noticable!  I definately had the weight to spare!

And speaking of hair....we weren't speaking of hair????  Well we are now!  :=)  My hair has become noticable now too!  It's gone from the spikey stage to the really soft stage!  I've been able to tell for about a month it was coming back in...but now others can SEE it!!! 

Dr. Jackson also gave me another "fill" today....50 cc on each side.  I wasn't expecting that at all!  So, now I'm up to 400 cc and have to get to 650cc.  250cc to go!!!  That should be 5 more fills!
I'm looking like I'm ready to move out of my "training bra" into an "A cup"!  :=)

Until next time......thanks again for all of your prayers and encouragement thru this journey.  I've come a long way and you have all helped me get through it.    And, if you ever find yourself needing to talk with me, don't hesitate to contact me. 
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment