But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Friday, August 5, 2011

TAKE ME OUT TO THE BALLGAME. BUY ME SOME PEANUTS AND CRACKER JACKS.......


Wow, only 9 days out from surgery and who would have thought I'd be feeling like going to an Indians' ballgame in Indianapolis!  But, that's exactly what I found myself doing last night, thanks to my daughter, Jen, and her husband Joe!  Oh, and what a beautiful night to sit outside at a ballgame! 

I had such a great time with my grandchildren, Luke and Abby....and of course the rest of the fam. 

I told Jen we need to make this an annual event!  I did tell her next year she wouldn't have to wait on me so much...LOL!  I admit, though, it was kind of nice just sitting there and letting her and Joe go get our food!  :=)

It's just amazing to me that I'm feeling this good already!  While there's definately some discomfort and I tire easily, I am so thankful for the many blessings of my recuperation.  God is in control and has heard the many prayers brought to Him on my behalf.  Things are going well.  Next Monday I will be going for my post-op visit with my surgeon who performed the masectomy, so I'm eager to hear what she has to say!  May my recuperation be a witness to the power of prayer and God in my life.

My sister, Sheila, told me something the other day that really touched my heart.  She said she believed mom would have been proud of both of us.  I never thought about that until she brought it up and it touches me so deeply to ponder it.  You see, my mom never knew I had breast cancer.  She passed away last year.  Mom, herself, had just been diagnosed with breast cancer in Dec. 2009 and was undergoing radiation at the time of her death.  Sheila was diagnosed in January 2010.....the month after mom.  It was such a shock to all of us.  So, mom knew she was diagnosed and was even still alive to be at her surgery.  I remember mom was so worried about Sheila.  And I have caught myself wishing she had been here with me as I went through my battle.  So, it makes me smile to think of Mom being proud of what me and Sheila have come through.  No matter how old you are, you still want your parents to be proud of you.  It  gives me warm feelings to think of mom smiling at us and being proud.  I miss my mom and so wish I had her here to talk to.  My mom was a strong woman and I believe Sheila and I have inherited some of her strength.  May our strength be a tribute to our Mom.  It's been a rough couple of years, but I know in my heart that things are going to be better. 

Until next time.....hug your loved ones today!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment