But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, July 13, 2011

I MADE IT TO OHIO!

Ahhhh, the good life....even if just for a few days! 
This would have been the day I returned for chemo....except I'm done!  Yay!!!!  This sure was better!!!!!
We made it to Columbus, Ohio around noon today and the first thing we did was take a tour of the Thirty One facilities.   It was interesting to see where it all comes together.  And I had the sweetest gal, Jeri, who graciously pushed me around in a wheelchair for the whole tour.


Three weeks out from my last chemo and I'm still so very weak.  This has been the worst and I just keep hoping every day I'll be stronger, but I'm not.  It's frustrating and I so hope I gain my strength back before my surgery!  I came so close to not coming to the Convention, but I earned it for free and just hated to miss it!  So, I've arranged for a wheelchair to use the rest of the time.  I just do not have the strength and stamina to be able to walk far.




Man, I look sick in these pictures!  Oh wait....I am!  I actually had to get up at 5 AM and didn't mess with make-up and wore comfy clothes to travel, hoping to have time to fix myself up a bit before having to dive in....but it wasn't to be!  So, I probably look even sicker in these pics.  These gals are part of a "31 Ya Ya Sisters" facebook group I'm on.  I travelled and am rooming with two of them.  We didn't know each other before.....met on facebook....cool, huh?


Nope, not MY Office!  We got to tour the office of Cindy Monroe, the founder of Thirty-One Gifts!

There....that's better!  I got to go back to the hotel after the tour and take a much needed nap and then "clean up" and pop on some hair before heading to supper with roomie, Vicki Parr.

Until next time.....



Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment