But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Saturday, July 16, 2011

MY SPIRIT HAS BEEN UPLIFTED!

Well, I think you can tell I'm feeling better here!  When I came to the convention, I was feeling so weak and "low".  It's just hard to have fun and be socialble when you feel bad.  But I only spent one day in the wheelchair and it turned out to be a good day thanks to some wonderful women I met on my "team" who wheeled me around everywhere.  They blessed me more than they could imagine.  Then the next day (the day of this picture), I woke up and felt "different".  You don't know from one day to the next when on chemo if it's going to be your "turn around day".  I got up that morning and "felt it" and decided to leave the wheelchair back at the hotel and give it a try!   I did it!!!!!  It was definately my "turn around day" and I was able to walk places around the convention center.  I was careful not to overdo and listened to my body for my limitations.  It was so much less hassle without the wheelchair.  I have never had to use a wheelchair before and I only used it for ONE day (well and for a short tour one day).  I can't imagine having to use a wheelchair all the time....God bless anyone in a wheelchair for their strength and courage!

Yes, when I feel better my goofball personality comes out!  LOL!  I can't just stand and pose like a normal person!  :=)  But, this is a sign that I am feeling better!!!! 

And here are some of the wonderful women I met and ate with at the Sr. Consultant dinner!  I met women from all over this great country and was so blessed by them!

And I also had the honor of meeting our Founder of Thirty-One Gifts, Cindy Monroe.  It was such a "treat" to find a ticket in my convention bag for a photo with Cindy.  I thought everyone got them, but found out later that they were put in bags randomly!  It was such an honor to get a picture with her!  I have a confession to make....I got TWO pics with her!  I was there on Thursday night without a wig (just a hat), but was afraid I might not make it back the next day at the scheduled time for the picture.  I wanted to have hair in the pictue, but decided I better go ahead and get it with the hat in case I didn't get back in time on Friday....rather than to miss it altogether.  I asked them if I went back to my hotel that night and grew some hair and could make it back on time Friday if I could have a "do over" and they were so kind and gracious and said I could!  So, I got the picture in a hat that night and got back in time the next day to get a "hair picture".  Cindy remembered me too!  They were just wonderful!  I had several girls with me the first night, pushing me down there in the wheelchair and after they took my pic with Cindy, they asked if we'd like a group photo!  YES, YES, YES!!!  They treated us so well at this conference!

I joined Thirty-One Gifts last August, knowing they were a faith-based company.  The company name is based on Proverbs 31.  I'm telling you, I felt that "faith" the whole time I was here.....His Spirit shined in the people I met.  Another thing that I was so blessed with was the fact that they had a Praise Band perform some songs at the arena.  It was so awesome....I was so blessed by it!  Even though my business is down a little now because of my illness and just being unable to do parties right now.....I know I'm in the place God wants me. 


I am sooooooo going to do this!!!!!!!!!!
Now, don't tell my daughters....I want to surprise them!  So, shhhhh!  Isn't this an awesome tatoo!  This lady I met and was visiting with had this tatoo on her ankle and she graciously let me take a pic of it.  She said she designed it herself and the stars represented two family members fighting breast cancer.  I'm soooooo going to do this!  My daughters (Jen and Erin) will be shocked, because as a mother I didn't want them to ever get tatoos!  You see, I grew up in the 60's and tatoos were not a good thing then.  They were really seen as very negative.  Only "bad people" would get a tatoo!  LOL!  Well, my baby Erin went and got one and hid it from me (many, many years ago) and I accidentally saw it one day and said, "What is that!!!!!!".  It was soooooo funny.  She turned beat red and her dear sister, Jennifer, was dying laughing, singing, "You are busted....You are soooo busted"!  LOL...good memories (now).  So, for mom to actually get a tatoo will be a BIG thing to them!  They won't believe it!  I never wanted one....until now.  I'll have to wait until next year after I'm done with all of this cancer treatment, but I am soooooo going to do it!  But, hey, it won't be my first tatoo!  Nope, it won't!  I will get two tatoos with my breast reconstruction!  So by the time I get this one, it will be old stuff to me to get a tatoo!  LOL!  This one will be prettier though.  And I'll get 3 stars...my mom, my sister Sheila, and me.

Well, I'm sitting in the hotel lobby waiting for my roommates to get back from the convention center so we can head home.  Just thought I'd use the time to give you all another update.  I'm definately feeling BETTER!!!  It's so much easier staying positive when you feel better!  I said I should have called my blog "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" because I think I've shown all 3 sides.  LOL!  Just keeping it "real"!  I think you can tell my "down days".

Until next time.....be blessed and bless someone else!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment