But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Friday, July 8, 2011

NOW IT'S TIME FOR MY SUMMER TO BEGIN!!!!!

I'm beginning to feel better!  Still tire out very easilly, but the past couple of days I've finally felt like getting out to go to lunch or visiting.  Now after an afternoon out I came home wiped out and slept the whole evening.....but it's a start!  And it does wonders for my emotional well being!  I spent almost TWO WEEKS in the house, just laying around, unable to do anything, even eating (I guess that's why I've lost 33 lbs!).....that takes a toll on your mood after awhile and as hard as I might try, it starts to bring me "down".   So, I'm so happy to have turned the corner now and know I'll just get stronger from here and I won't get hit with chemo again!!!!!! 

So, now it's time for MY summer to begin!   My summer has kind of sucked up to this point, but it's also been full of blessings!  It was kind of a "mixed bag".  With the help of my two sisters, Sheila and Kim, our pool is finally open and even though I haven't been in it yet, I've enjoyed sitting out there and watching others enjoy it.  And I couldn't resist sticking my feet in!


It was great to just spend some time outside watching everyone else enjoy the pool.  It did me a world of good!  And before my surgery, I plan to get in too!  I have to stay out of the hot sun while on chemo, so will have to wait until evening for my swim....but I WILL get in the pool before my surgery! 

Larry had helped to get the pool cleared up but we were having a lot of trouble with cloudiness.  Basically the water was safe but no one had been in it.  So, we needed people to come and jump in and stir it around!  Some family members were happy to help us out!  :=)






Here's my two "angels" who came over and helped get the deck cleaned off and swept and ready for swimming. 
Ok, straighten up girls.....the whole world will be able to see you!  :=)

For those of you who don't know them....this is my sister, Kim, and my sister, Sheila.  Of course you've seen a lot of Sheila already on my blog.....usually eating with me....LOL!

I have had other "angels" who have helped me too....with dishes, my classes, food, errands.....and believe me, when you go through something like this, you need the help!  It can be hard to just sit and watch others do your work, but you are very thankful for it.  I want to thank everyone who has helped me in any way.  I have also received cards and words of encouragement and have so appreciated them, as well.  So, if you have sent a card or called or sent me any message of encouragement, please accept my sincere thanks!  It has helped me more than you can imagine! 

"MY SUMMER" just began and I have surgery coming up on July 26.  Wow, it's coming sooooo fast!!!!  So, I have such a little bit of time to fit my summer into....17 more days!  Yikes!  So, I have to make the best of those 17 days!  Next Wednesday I'll be making a little trip to Columbus, Ohio to a Thirty One Convention.  I sell Thirty-One Gifts and had earned the convention for free and was soooo hoping I'd feel up to going.  Even though I know I'll tire faster than usual, I now feel confident that I'll be ok to go.  I'll be gone for several days with some other gals and plan to have some fun!  I've been to Longaberger conventions in the past, so I have a good idea what kind of fun to expect.  FUN, FUN, FUN!!!!

Then the following week, I will be taking another trip to Ohio with my good pals, Linda and Martha.  Linda recently visited a "House of Prayer" over there and is excited to take us to visit it.  It will only be an overnighter, but it will be so good to have some "girl time" with two of my bestest friends!

And outside of these trips, I'll just enjoy being able to get outside and do some every day summer stuff, including swimming and cooking out.  I've got a lot to do to pack my summer into 17 days! 

Then it will be time for my surgery....July 26....!  When I was so weak from the chemo I was so dreading it.  But now that I'm feeling better, I'm ready to get it done!  I will have a double masectomy with reconstruction.  It was a tough decision, as I could have chosen to only have a lumpectomy.  But, this will give me a better chance of no reoccurence, so I've opted to do everything I can to not go through this again!  It's no guarantee, but will cut my chances of reoccurence greatly.

Until next time.....ENJOY YOUR SUMMER!!!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Hi Cindy! Well, you DO sound more upbeat than you have been lately. I think having your pool open and your Thirty-One gifts convention coming up has helped you out a lot. God bless Kim, Sheila, Larry, your daughters, and everyone else who has stepped in to help you when you have needed it.

    I know you have been on an emotional roller coaster this year, but God definitely has brought you angels to help see you through it all. So glad my cousin-in-law, Martha, has been one of them. She has a big heart and an understanding of some of what you have dealt with, even though Laura's battle was not the same. My prayers are with you, as always. Enjoy your time leading up to your surgery. I hope the surgery goes very well and I wish you a speedy recovery. Hang in there!

    Love and Blessings,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete