But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, July 25, 2011

MEET MY NEW BEST FRIEND!

Now, I haven't even met my "new best friend" yet, but I already expect to become best friends come tomorrow!

This is a pain pump that will be inserted at the time of surgery tomorrow by the Plastic Surgeon.  Ahhhhhh, relief! 

This tiny tube will be run over the surgical area and continually automatically spray the area with pain medicine for the first few days after my surgery.  Ahhhh, relief!  Now you can understand why it will be my "new best friend".  Isn't today's technology amazing!

Now, isn't that attractive?  LOL!  But, hey, if it helps the pain, I welcome it!  I actually can't say for sure that I'll have this same set up or this particular pain pump, but I KNOW I'll be having a pain pump that will "soak/spray my surgical area" and being the curious kind of person I am, I did a google search!  LOL!  I only  found two such pain pumps, so it gives me an idea of what to expect!

Ok, I have to be at Community Hospital South in Greenwood by 1 PM tomorrow and my surgery will be at 2:30 pm.  The surgery will last at least five hours.....yikes!  At least 3-1/2 hours for the double masectomy  and 1-1/2 hours for the reconstruction part.  It will be an outpatient surgery....can you believe it?  But, I will be staying overnight and as long as I'm out of there before 24 hours, it is still outpatient.  So, I'll probably be gone by noon Wednesday.  I have already had two surgeries in the past at this same hospital (not as major) and they have been wonderful!  So, I expect the same this time around. 

My support team.....

Erin, Larry, and Jen.....awww, don't they look so sweet?!  Don't be fooled!  At least two of them were involved in the hair-do makeover after my last surgery and the other one just stood by and watched.  Remember that lovely hairdo?

Yep, here were the culprits!  Well, I know they won't be giving me a new hairdo this time around.....for lack of hair!  LOL!   So, I guess I'll let them come.

My sister,Sheila and my sister, Pam are planning to be there too.  And my good buddies, Linda and Martha.  And maybe my brother, Randy.  And Jenna, my oldest grandchild. 

I'm ready to get this done!!!!!!!!  I have great doctors and lots of praying friends, so I'm not worried.  Just ready to get it done and start the healing and get on with the "rest of my life"!

Until next time....please remember me in prayer tomorrow......and get your mammogram if you haven't already!

Cindy


2 comments:

  1. Praying for your successful surgery, amazing results, and quick recovery. Hugs!! ~ Brenda ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are with you and your wonderful support group! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete