But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Thursday, May 12, 2011

GOD KNOWS MY NEEDS!

"The LORD will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail." - Isaiah 58:11

I recently signed up for God-Vine and daily verses/devotions/inspiring stories are sent to my email every morning.  I haven't always taken the time to open them right then.  But this morning I was drawn to OPEN IT AND READ IT NOW  (you know that "still small voice")!  And this was the verse in my mailbox this morning and I just can't get over the timeliness with what is going on with my body right now.  I'll explain in more detail later (getting ready to go to the doctor again right now), but I had my 2nd round of chemo yesterday and I was having some problems and it comes down to me not drinking enough liquids.  So, I read this verse this morning about "being like a well-watered garden" and I don't think it's a coincidence that this message came to me today.  God will guide me and satisfy my needs and strengthen my frame....what an awesome promise that I needed right now!  I'm finding He's always "one step ahead of me", knowing my needs before I do.  I will certainly need Him in getting down the equivalent of 16 bottles of water (any liquid) every day.  I can do it...with His help and I cling to His promises! 

I'll give a full report of my chemo appt (yesterday) and my appointment today later tonight if I feel up to it.  Feeling really tired, but get periods of time where I feel better.

Until then....I thank God for His goodness to me and His promises that help make me stronger to fight this cancer.  He has lead me to the right doctors and walks through this journey with me...... I can't do it without Him.  When I'm feeling weak, He holds me up through prayers and encouragement from His people, His promises in His Word, His presence in my life.  I can't thank everyone enough for your continued prayers. 
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment