But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, May 16, 2011

LOOK GOOD - FEEL BETTER!

This is what I'll be doing today....going to the Greenwood Hospital for a program they have for women undergoing chemo.  It's a nationwide program and I'm looking forward to it.  You can read all about it at their website.    This basically explains it.  What a wonderful program for women going through cancer.  My hair is all basically gone now, except for a mohawk on the top of my head (LOL).

Group programs are step-by-step makeover learning sessions led by cosmetology professionals using products donated by the cosmetic industry. Each two-hour, hands-on workshop includes a 12-step skin care and makeup lesson, nail care techniques, and professional advice on how to deal with hair loss using wigs, scarves, hats, hairpieces, and other accessories.
Patients at various stages of treatment receive personal attention and take home instruction booklets and complimentary cosmetic kits in shades that match their skin tones. Each year, more than 50,000 individuals participate in small groups of five to 10 that create a sense of support and community.
Group programs are offered nationwide in comprehensive cancer centers, hospitals, local American Cancer Society offices, and other community settings. Find a local group program now (copied from the Look Good, Feel Better website)

I will update you about the program after I've gone.  I also still need to update you about my chemo day last week and the Relay for Life.  I've got pictures to share too.  But, I spent the weekend on the couch or in bed.  I was totally zapped!  I didn't throw up once though.....just slept.  That's why I'm behind on my blogging.
Chemo #2 down....2 more to go!
I'll catch you up to date tonight (if I feel like it),  If not, then I'll be back when I can! 

Until next time....I'm on my way to get beautified!  :=)
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment