But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Sunday, June 5, 2011

DAY 4 AFTER CHEMO AND I'M DOING GOOD!

This is an unusual treat to be feeling this well only 4 days after my chemo.  I usually don't "turn around" until Day 8.  It's been "different" this time.  I've had several small periods of feeling well enough to go for a ride or just sit on the porch.  I'm sitting on the front porch right now and am really enjoying getting outside.  I'll admit that I've laid around and slept for much of the day and don't always feel good (have had a sore throat this time) I give thanks to God for any time I feel like a "human" again and can move around. 

I ask myself what is different this time.  Is it because I have been drinking non-stop (apple juice -  lol).  This is the best I've done with my drinking and am proud of myself.  But, apple juice is all I'm able to drink and get down.....so, apple juice it is!  I think when this is all over I deserve a huge Pina Colada from Cheeseburger In Paradise.  Now anyone who truly knows me knows I'm not a drinker....but I sure do have a weakness for their pina coladas!  LOL!  Or is it because my white blood count was higher this time when I got the chemo?  I think it's a combination of both.  Oh, and I another "gift" from chemo.  Allergies!  I've NEVER EVER had to deal with allergies and after my last chemo my eyes drove me nuts!  Itching, watering, stinging....and my nose would run .....I thought it sounded how people described allergies, but I DON'T HAVE ALLERGIES!  Was it the chemo doing this?  In talking to Dr V about it, he confirmed it is allergies and my immune system being down had subjected me to them.  Makes sense.  Lovely.  LOL!  I can sure sympathize with you who have suffered allergies for years.....bless your hearts.  It drove me crazy!  They're ok now...pollen count must be down. 

Now while I may not be feeling great altogether, it is just so awesome to even get a half hour where I feel like doing something, even it's just to sit on the front porch and watch the cars go by.  Larry has worked on opening our pool this weekend, so I look forward to getting the deck cleaned up and getting out and sitting aroud the pool.  And my brother installed some outdoor speakers for us last year, so wherever I sit....I have music.  I'm a big music person!  My personal favorites....the Oldies!  Ahhhh, take me down memory lane!

I thank everyone for their prayers.  You have uplifted me and helped me get through this and God has been right by my side through it all.  I know I am going to beat this and feel it's getting closer and closer.  Prayers for strength for what lies ahead are appreciated , including the decisions I have to make concerning the surgery.  I won't say this has been an "easy road", but I have had a "peace" through it all.  And I have seen God's hands in my life in so many ways, so I have been able to see the blessings that have come my way through this illness. 

I just give thanks today for such a good day where I have had periods of feeling "half way decent".

Until next time.....watch for your blessings in any circumstance!
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment