But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, June 13, 2011

OK, PITY PARTY IS OVER!!!!

I've given myself an "attitude adjustment" and pulled myself up by my bootstraps......well, in my case, my flip flops!  :=) 

Am I feeling better? Yes!  Am I feeling great?  No!  I'm still very, very weak and I can't really do much of anything. But, it's time I get back to fighting like a girl!


Thank you so much for petitioning God on my behalf.  The power of prayer is amazing and I didn't get this "attitude adjustment" by myself.  I give thanks to God for His goodness and for prayer warriors who continue to lift my needs up to Him!

I call chemo the "gift that keeps on giving"!  LOL!  So, today I got a new "gift" when I woke up.  Dizziness!  Not a "little dizzy", but that "WHOAAAA!" kind of dizzy!  I actually wasn't out of bed yet.  I am on a cpap machine and reached over the side of the bed to turn it and the oxygen off when I woke up (a gift I got last year...ugh!)......and as I reached over I went WHOOOAAA and had to lie back down.  My first thought was the new medicine I'm taking for the acid reflux because the label clearly says "may cause dizziness", although I've taken it about 5 days now and hadn't taken it yet this morning.  Once I laid there for a few minutes I got up and had some dizziness off and on today when I got up....so I didn't get up much from the couch.  I did talk to the doctor's office and she didn't think it would be the medicine and suggested my blood pressure, but I've NEVER had any trouble with my blood pressure (of course I'm getting lots of "firsts" this year, so won't totally rule it out), but then she mentioned it is also a sign of dehydration!  Oh, I didn't know that!  So, now I'm leaning toward that since I haven't drank much in the past few days since I started the battle of acid reflux.  It's been too hard to drink.  She told me some foods that would have a lot of water in them, so I'm working on getting those fluids back up.  Darn, I did soooo good with that the first week!  Oh, and the allergies have returned, so I took my first Zyrtec tonight.  Anyone who knows me very well, knows I HATE taking medicines!  Now I feel like quite the pill popper!  I've just given into it at this time in my life.  :=(

So, I toughened up Sunday afternoon and ventured out to a movie with one of my best buds, Sheila!   While I can't do anything that requires much movement, I can SIT and I so NEEDED to get out of the house!  We went and saw Super 8.  Not my favorite kind of movie, but it was ok.  I can't complain because I picked it.  LOL! 

And since we were both hungry, we stopped by Cracker Barrel on the way home.  It was just really good to get out!  I think it helped to lift my spirits.

My besties, Martha and Linda came over today to organize the "cave" for Stamp Class tomorrow night.  It was good to have some "company" to visit with.  It's amazing how it can perk me up when someone comes over, even for a short visit.  Of course today they came on a mission.  They are going to teach the class for me tomorrow night and handle it all....I just get to "attend" and enjoy everyone's company.  I don't know what I'd do without them......we've become like "sisters" and I appreciate them so much!  Oh, Linda brought me a surprise today....a "Support the Cause" t-shirt.  Can't wait to wear it! 

So, tomorrow I go to Dr. Jackson (the plastic surgeon) and I'm kind of eager to hear him explain the reconstruction surgery to me so I can decide what to do.  ONE MORE CHEMO (June 22) and then I'm going to have to make a decision about my surgery!  Get to hang with Sheila again since she's going with me, and she always lifts my spirits.  Then home and rest a bit before class and then get to see my stamping buds and I'm looking forward to that.  And that will pretty much wipe me out for the day. 

Life is good and tomorrow will be a good day!  I'm kicking those negative thoughts to the curb! 

Until next time....YOU have a good day tomorrow too and kick any negative thoughts to the curb!  :=)
Cindy








No comments:

Post a Comment