But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, June 20, 2011

WOWSER.....SIZE 14/16!!!!!!

I needed some new clothes and Sheila and I stopped by one of our favorite stores to look around....Fashion Bug.  I love Fashion Bug because we have a local one and they carry plus size clothes!  I found me a pair of navy blue capris but "my size" swallowed me!  The saleslady told me to try the next size down....14/16.  I said "no way!', but went ahead and tried it on! 


Wowser.....they fit! With plenty of room!  I know I've lost weight, but do you know how long it's been since I could fit into a 14/16?  Well, let's just say it's been "many years"!  Now if you're one of those teeny tiny women, this excitement might be lost on you!  LOL!  But any "plus sized" woman will understand how good this made me feel!  :=)  I was so excited that I decided I needed two pairs of them since they were on sale....navy and white!
It's not been a fun way to lose weight, but I'll take it! 

Sheila and I went to Ryan's to eat before we went to Fashion Bug.  Yep, I've been doing a lot of eating out lately.  It just feels good to get out of the house for that one week I feel like it.  And yes, as you've guess by now, Sheila and are "good buds"!  :=)  See my hat!  It says "Fight like a girl"!  My shirt says the same (Sheila got them for me).  LOL....yes, I'm a walking billboard (as my daughters put it!).

When Sheila comes to pick me up to go somewhere, I always look "different" when I come out and so it's become kind of a "game" to challenge myself for a "different look" for her.  Well, one day I had a blue outfit on (yes, I strayed from my pink!!!) and I didn't have a blue hat or scarf......what to do, what to do!!!!  So I grabbed my "bling headband" and put it on my bald head and walked out to join her!  LOL.....she laughed and said "This "look" beats them all!"  Of course we had to get pics!  hehe! 

LOL.....it was just a joke for her.  Yeah, I'm a little crazy sometimes, but it gets me through it all!  If I can laugh things don't seem so bad. 

See the bling!  LOL.....Sheila loved it!   I took a pink hat along to put on my head out in public!  LOL...I try not to embarrass Sheila when we go out!  :=) 

I will be going for my 4th and final Chemo this week....in two more days!  I go Wednesday and my daughter, Jennifer, will be going with me!  I had a hard time boucing back from my 3rd one and I'm still pretty weak and tire easily.  So, while I hate to get hit again when I'm just now building my strength back up....I'm ready to get my LAST CHEMO done!!!!  I won't lie....it hasn't been easy!  But it will soon be over and then I can prepare for surgery.  I will go to my surgeon next Monday (the 27th) for an ultrasound to see how much the chemo has shrunk the tumor and to discuss my surgery.  My oncologist was very adamant that I'd only be having 4 chemos, so if that would change for some reason.....I'd cry....then I'd suck it up and do it!  I'm so hoping the ultrasound shows a significant decrease in the size of the tumor!  

Watermelon has become my friend!  About a week ago I was losing my battle for fluids, even waking up dizzy.  I think I was becoming dehydrated and the nurse gave me some ideas for foods that I could get my fluids from.  Potatoes and Soups were two she mentioned, so I've been eating baked potatoes and chicken noodle soup.  Then someone suggested watermelon and I've been eating it every day, several times a day and it's really built my fluids back up!  Do you realize that watermelon is 92% water???  I love watermelon, so it's been an easy, tasty way to get my fluids!  I must admit though, that I'm ready for our delicious Jackson County watermelons.....they can't be beat!  Not only are watermelons a good source of water, but they are fat free and nutritious!   It also has an antioxidant for disease fighting in it!  Isn't that awesome!  This disease just keeps teaching me more and more!    

Watermelon has zero saturated fat, is low in sodium and cholesterol free. Because of its high water content, watermelon is also low in calories. A good food for dieters!

It is an excellent source of vitamins A, B6 and C as well as potassium. Two cups of diced watermelon provides 20 percent of the recommended daily intake for vitamin A and 25 percent for vitamin C. In fact, the United States Department of Agriculture’s 2005 Dietary Guidelines recommends we include two cups of fruit per day in our daily diet.

Lycopene, a potential antioxidant found in watermelon, may have disease-fighting benefits. Researchers believe lycopene might have a role in the prevention of some diseases, such as forms of cancer and heart disease. There are about 15 to 20 milligrams (mg) of lycopene in a two-cup serving of watermelon, compared to 4 to 5 mg found in one tomato.


Until next time.....find something to laugh about daily and  eat some watermelon....both are good for you!  :=)  And count the small blessings in your life......we all have them, even in the midst of storms!  I heard a Ray Boltz song the other day and was reminded that "The Anchor Holds".  What an awesome reminder it was!  Cindy

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy ~ OK, now you did it! I am craving watermelon. Last time I actually "craved" it, I was pregnant with Kelly . . . 28 years ago . . . and NO it is physically impossible for that to be the case now. I love watermelon!

    Congrats on your weight loss although, as you said, it isn't the ideal way to lose it. Still, perhaps it will boost your good health once you come through all the cancer elimination.

    My prayers are constantly with you, and you know that. You're a precious friend and I wish you the best of recoveries once the surgery is over.

    Hugs,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the bling!hoping that every day you are getting better in every way! xoxo

    ReplyDelete