But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, June 15, 2011

THINK I NEED TO GET ME ONE OF THESE HAIR STRAIGHTENERS?????

Every day I get a little stronger and today was better than yesterday.  Tomorrow will be better than today and so on until I get hit for the last time next Wednesday!  By that time I'm feeling pretty darned good (although still very tired)....then POW!  LOL!  One more time!!!


After a trip to Pizza Hut, Linda asked if I wanted to ride up to Sam's Wholesale with her, so I did.  Now, I don't have the strength and stamina to do a lot of lookie-loo and shopping around, but I can go to a store on a "mission" and she knew what she wanted and I knew what I wanted.  


I take my camera in my purse everywhere!  You just don't know when you might run into a "photo opportunity"!  I ran into one of those "photo opportunities" today as I was walking down the aisle at Sam's.  Two young ladies had a table set up and I saw them at one point playing around with their hair.  Then one of them approached me with their "sales pitch" and "product in hand".  It was a Hair Straightener!  Just what I need....LOL!  She asked me what hair product I was using now and I just couldn't resist!  :=)  I told her none because I didn't have any hair!  hehe...I know, I'm sooooo bad!  I left her speechless....I'm pretty sure she never got that response before!  Then I explained that I had a wig on and was doing chemo.  She said she would have never guessed it, so that felt good that I didn't look all "wiggy"!  Then I told her I wasn't really a blonde either and had set out today to see if blondes really do have more fun!  Once again, she said she would not have guessed that either!   She's my new best friend!  :=)  Hey, when you're wearing a wig what better compliment can you get than to be approached to buy a hair product..... you're feeling pretty good that the wig doesn't look all wiggy!  LOL! 

Just that short trip to Sam's wiped me out and I came home and slept for hours!  But, little by little, I can do more and last a little longer.  And this blonde DID have more fun today!  :=)  Thanks to the young ladies at Sam's for humoring me and being good sports and letting me have my "photo opportunity"!

So, until next time, I challenge you to carry your camera with you and watch for those "photo opportunities"!  You just never know when they'll pop up and they can sure be fun!  It's the "little things" in life.......  :=)
Cindy

PS......My surgery has been scheduled for Tuesday, July 26 at 2:30 pm!  I have one month of summer (July) where I will not be having any kind of treatment, so I am planning two "mini vacations" during that time.  I'll save those details for another post.  It gives me something to look forward to and maybe for one month I can put this behind me and enjoy the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment