But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, June 15, 2011

NUDE PHOTO SHOOT!

Did I get your attention?  LOL!  Yep, I had my first nude photo shoot.....I can mark that off my bucket list!  hehe! 

Carin, if you're reading this....Look who I ran into there!  :=)

To the rest of you...this is Amy who I had previously met at the "Look Good-Feel Better" program, along with Carin.  It was so good to see Amy again and see how well she is doing.  Amy's cancer was caught early enough that she isn't doing chemo and it was caught by a mammogram (I hope you don't mind me mentioning this Amy).....so once again, I want to remind everyone to GET YOUR MAMMOGRAMS!  The earlier you catch this, the less treatment you will need, as well as your prognosis being good.  Putting a mammogram off out of fear of finding something (and I know we do that!) will not make it go away if there's something there!  And don't have a false security because you don't feel a lump...or because you don't have a family history of breast cancer.  Remember, we didn't have a family history either until my mom was diagnosed.....then my sister...and now me.....all within 15 months.   I remember thinking my chances were low because I didn't have any "family history".  It's a "false security" for sure.  MOST women diagnosed with breast cancer do not have any family history and 1 of 8 women will be diagnosed with it in their lifetime.  So, don't take any chances....get your mammograms regularly.....early detection is key in your treatment and survival!  This cancer is beatable!  The earlier you catch it...the better!  Ok, I'll get down from my soapbox....LOL!

This road is full of surprises!  I went to Dr. Jackson for consultant on reconstruction yesterday and I was taken into a room that was set up purposely for photographing "before and after" pictures.  So, I had my "before" picture taken!  I told her it was my first "nude photo shoot" and she responded it was for most women coming in there.  LOL!   One thing about this road, if you had any modesty, it will fly out the window!  :=)

Dr. Jackson was younger than I expected.....and cuter than I imagined!  LOL....can I say that?  Shhhhhh, don't tell him I said that!  He had a "doctor in training" in with him too.   No big deal, I'm so used to this by now!  He had to measure me, told me how the process works and they showed  me "before and after" pictures.  I know Dr. Jackson has a good reputation and has done this a lot, so I feel confident in his abilities.  And he seemed very caring and personable.  Anyone who has ever dealt with him had told me I'd love him! 

The process can take up to a year to completion....ugh, another year of this!!!!  My surgery is tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, July 26.  He has to coordinate it with Dr. Zusan yet, so it could change, depending on her schedule.  And of course I need to be able to have my last chemo on time so it doesn't throw anything off.  So, it's "tentative" at this point.  I will be doing what is called "immediate reconstruction" which means he will insert something called an "tissue expander" under my muscle immediately following the masectomy....as in at the same time as my masectomy.  This expander will be filled with saline every two weeks for 3-6 months.  There will be pain associated with the stretching....sometimes referred to as discomfort (LOL). Discomfort is more pleasant sounding than pain, right?  But he said I will come home from surgery with a pain pump (automatic), as well as pain pills.  Keep me doped up and I'll be fine.  LOL!  After the 3-6 months of saline filling, I will have another surgery to replace the tissue expander with the permanent silicone implant.  I ordered my "perky Cs"!  hehe!  This should complete my "new boobs" unless I have problems.  I did ask about the possibility of them leaking and was assured they are made different than the ones that caused so many problems years ago, but they can still leak within themselves and if that happens, I would be back to surgery to replace them.  So, future surgery could be a possibility, but it sounded simple enough and I'm not going to worry about that. 

I received a card the other day from a friend and it made me chuckle and I want to share it with you.  I so need to face things wih a sense of humor....it helps me get through it all.  I hope it gives anyone going through this a chuckle too.  :=) 

Advantages of Losing your Hair:
6.  Eliminates bed head.
5.  Can be a shining example to others!
4.  No need for expensive hair products.
3.  Takes off years....because you look more like your baby photo!
2.  Gray hair?  What gray hair?
1.  And the NUMBER ONE advantange of losing your hair.....More places to be Kisssed (she says this one is for my hubby)

Thanks Angie!  I loved it!!!!

I want to share this verse with you.  I get a daily verse delivered to me from GodVine and this was my verse this morning.  It just felt like God was whispering it in my ear and I so needed this reminder.
Jesus replied, "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will under...stand." - John 13:7

So until next time.....When you don't understand why something happened or is happening, stay strong. He has a plan for you.
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment