But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Monday, April 11, 2011

HERCEPTIN

Well, I was wrong!  Herceptin is not a pill!  It's given intravenoulsy like chemo!  I just found this out today!  Actually, one of the caregivers today referred to it as a type of chemo that you take for a year. A year!!!  I'm still waiting on the HER2 test and thought surely it would be back today, but it wasn't.  It's making me a little nervous waiting on this test, but she said it's not unusual for it to take longer.  This is the test that I want to be negative so I don't have to take the herceptin.  But, I am thankful that they have found a treatment if it turns out to be positive.  Ok, just a little anxiety over this...I'm allowed that, right?  I just hate waiting on answers.  Maybe tomorrow.....

Ok, the MRI was today and I wasn't fond of it.  LOL!  But, it's over and done and I was able to hold still for 45 minutes in spite of the pain in my shouder and my arm turning numb.  Let's just say it's not something I'd want to do all the time, but I've been through much worse.  At least I was able to listen to Ray Boltz through the headphones as I lied there and that helped get my mind off my shoulder pain (a little), although Ray was hard to hear over the machine.  Man, that machine was louder than any I've ever been in!   I had hoped maybe I could nap to take my mind off it, but there was no chance of that!  But, it was very calming hearing Ray singing.....

the anchor holds
though the ship is battered
the anchor holds
though the sails are torn
i have fallen on my knees
as i faced the raging seas
the anchor holds
in spite of the storm

God is my anchor!  I don't want to ever lose sight of that.  I know He has not promised that I will not go through trials, but He has promised to be there with me.  And He always has been, so I know it will be no different this time.  With Him on my side, I can't lose!

Ok, the next appointment will be Wednesday....yay, I get a free day tomorrow and I have Stamp class tomorrow night, so double yay!  The appointment Wednesday is with the Chemo Doctor.  I found out today that he will actually have my chemo treatment mapped out for me and be able to tell me what/when/how long I'll be doing chemo.....and IF I'll be taking chemo before my surgery!  I hadn't even considered that, but she said many people do.  Wow, something else to have to think about!   I could be losing my hair sooner than I think!  And I just got me a cute haircut!  Crap!  I guess I'll know more about this Wednesday and will let you know.

Off to bed.......see you tomorrow!  :=)  Cindy

1 comment:

  1. Cindy, Thanks for the update. I would never wish breast cancer on ANYONE . . . however, since you have it and are willing to walk us through the process, I feel a deep gratitude that you are willing to blog your experience and share it with those of us who may someday face it first hand. I'm sure God appreciates the fact that you have the strength and heart to help inform others even in your own time of need. I'll bet He's even putting gold stars next to your name in His Divine Book!! This is such a selfless act even though I am sure it is a good form of therapy for you. Just bear in mind you will always have other shoulders to lean on if you need us (your friends & family).
    Love to you,
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete