But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Thursday, April 28, 2011

OFF TO THE WIG WAM IN BLOOMINGTON!

No, this isn't actually it.  LOL!

Just a quick note....we're heading out to the Wig Wam!  If anyone needs anything, Larry will be home.  Unfortunately his job is giving him days off work (caused by the earthquake in Japan affecting Toyota...not what we need right now, but I can't stress over the things I can't change).  He opted not to go with us....said it sounded like a "girls' day".  LOL! 

My girls (Jen and Erin) wanted to take me over to the Wig Wam before I lose my hair to get a wig...so I'll be prepared.  Even though I said I could be a do-rag kinda gal, it will be nice for the "special occasions" to have a wig.  And Erin doesn't wanting me scaring little kids...LOL!   We'll take a camera along and document our wig shopping....it'll be fun figuring out how I want to look!  :=)  Is it true that blondes have more fun?  :=)  I haven't lost my  hair yet....probably in a couple of weeks.

I remember a couple of years ago my hair began to fall out and it was quite traumatic.  I had no idea why it was falling out and when it was going to quit.  I have thick hair, which came in handy, because I didn't go bald before the culprit was found (thyroid).  I remember at that time thinking I needed to go get a wig if it didn't stop soon....never realizing a couple of years later I'd be doing just that.  The difference this time....I know why and I know the end result will be bald.  It seems less traumatic knowing that, although I expect it to be emotional.  I just can't imagine myself bald.

I have been a little nervous about going today....hoping I'd feel like it.  This is the first morning I've gotten up and not thrown up!  Yay....progress!  Please pray that today is a good day with my girls without me getting sick.  I'm hoping the worse is behind me.  I've really been looking forward to this special time with the special girls in my life (except Abby, who had to go to school)

Until next time....invision me as a blonde!  LOL!


No comments:

Post a Comment