But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Wednesday, December 7, 2011

CANCER SISTERS MEET AGAIN!!!

I'm keeping that road between Seymour and Greenwood "hot" these days!  Today I went up there to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch with my "cancer sisters".

I just love these girls!!  We met back in April and have bonded as the "cancer sisters" and have all watched each other go through the "journey".  Carin (on the left) is the oldest of us, but she won't say how old she is.....but, considering I'm 59, well....I'd say she's holding up real well, wouldn't you?  :=)  I hope I look that good when I get to her age....oh, who am I kidding?  Carin had just finished up her chemo the last time we met and was still bald....but, wow, look at her hair now!!!!   Carin is not only the oldest of the group...she's the ornery one (yes, Carin, I'm pretty sure I spelled ornery correctly, but if not...let me know...lol) Amy, lovely sweet Amy, is on the right.  She has such a sweet spirit about her.  Her 16 year old daughter, Erin, joined us for lunch today.  I have an Erin too!  Poor thing..she had to listen to our "boob talk"...lol! 

We are like our own little "support group".  We all have the same plastic surgeon....Dr. Jackson...and we all had the bilateral masectomy with immediate reconstruction with the tissue expanders.  We can soooo relate to each other!  Like when I say I feel my breasts each morning to see if they are softening up....Carin pipes up that she feels her's every night!!!  It makes us feel more "normal" to have each other...lol!  We all now have our implants....me being the last one to get them.  I was able to ask them questions since they are a little ahead of me.  It so helps to hear from someone who's "been there, done that"!  Carin is still receiving treatment for her cancer, while Amy and I are finished with the treatment, except for the Arimidex we both take for the next 5 years.  We are SURVIVORS!!!

Whoooohoooo, you go Carin!!!  Isn't she lovely?  I'm going to have to learn to pose like her!!!  I wonder how my photographer, Sheila, will feel about that...lol...especially when I do the spectacular nudie pose that Carin showed us!  lol! 

This is only my second time to be with them and I'm beginning to know their personalities more....I call Carin the "naughty one".  lol!  She has a sense of humor that I can relate to!  I'm learning I'm going to have to "stay on my toes" when I am with her....you never know what she's going to say!  I can take it...I warned her that I can dish it out too...lol!  Now, Amy, on the other hand...I call her the "sweet one".  She is just precious and sweet and all that!  It's Carin that I have to look out for!!!  I think our personalities compliment each other....and I'm a believer that God has brought us together for His purpose.  We don't live in the same town....we are different ages...in different seasons of life....and would have never met if it hadn't been for "that diagnosis"....and now we are lifelong friends...not just friends...we are sisters!

After what we've been through we aren't afraid to pose or talk boob-talk right there in a restaurant!  Now that I'm home, I'm wondering if our waiter picked up on our conversation...lol!  We talk non-stop....even the table of women sitting next to us joined in with us!  I think others can tell we're having a good time and have a special bond.  I like to think we have a "heavenly glow" surrounding us...lol! 

I had a great time today and plan to interview both Amy and Carin about their cancers and feature them on my blog soon.  Each one of us had "different cancers" and "different treatments", but we all understand the journey we each took.  I want them to share "their stories" with you!  They are amazing and brave women!

Until next time....go have lunch with your girlfriends/sisters this Christmas Season! 
Cindy

A special note to Linda!
Linda, we missed you today....both girls were dissappointed you couldn't be there (me too!)...next time, girly!  We already set the date!  :=)  Hope you're feeling better!



No comments:

Post a Comment