But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Saturday, December 24, 2011

CHRISTMAS EVE

I just arrived home from attending Candlelight services with my daughter and her family at Redeemer Lutheran Church. I came home with my heart full and feeling blessed.

The church was decorated beautifully  and the message was wonderful! 

Jennifer and I...I take my camera everywhere...even church! :=)
We grabbed the Pastor to take our photo, as Joe had already left to get Luke and Abby in the car.  Bless their hearts, they couldn't make it through the service...I think they both fell asleep for most of it.  lol!  I know tonight is an exciting night for them as they wait for Santa's arrival!  I love seeing Christmas through the eyes of my grandchildren! 

Earlier today I met up with Linda and her sister, Shirley (pictured here) for lunch at Pizza Hut.  Shirley came over from Ohio to spend Christmas with Linda.  She is a sweetheart and I love it when I get the chance to see her when she's in town.

I am just so blessed to have my good friend, Linda, in my life!

...she puts up with my antics like hitting her in the head with my ball on my Santa hat.  lol!  Yes, I can be a little naughty....but, just a little and it's all in good fun.  :=)

And last night I got to meet up with my Cancer Sisters (Carin and Amy....aren't they beautiful!) and had a wonderful time!  Now, I'm such a non drinker, but when they said I had to join them for a "buttered nipple" shot, how could I resist.  We have all been through the surgery and have our new ta-tas....so what a fitting drink to toast to our boobs.  lol!  This was my first shot in my life...something else to mark off of my bucket list...lol!   I was such a goody two-shoe in my teens that I never experienced the drinking scene!  Here I am 59 years old and having my first "shot"!  And actually, I have to admit...it was pretty good!  I sipped it, which I don't think you are suppose to do...lol!  My good friend, Linda, told me not to get "wild" on her...lol...I promised I wouldn't!  I'm just enjoying life!

I also met Amy's friend, Maria, last night....and her brother, but he got out of there before I whipped the camera out! 

As we left to head home, I got to see Carin's car....isn't this adorable!  What a hoot!   It totally cracks me up and I gotta have some!  Here I am running around with reindeer antlers on my car while Carin has the pretty eyelashes.
Tooooo cute!!!

Tomorrow my day will be full preparing for my kids and their families to come for Christmas Dinner and fun at 5pm.  I know you all will be joining with your families too and I wish you all a very Merry Christmas! 

Until next time....Love to you all and may God bless each of you!
Christmas hugs!  Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment