But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Friday, December 2, 2011

UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!

Today I finally get these tissue expanders removed....yay!  Even though I've kinda got "used" to them, I can always still "feel" them.  Not painful, but can be uncomfortable.  You just always "feel" a hard foreign object inside of you!  I've had these things in me since July 26, so I'm so ready for this exchange!!!  They are hard and un-natural looking....one is considerably larger and higher than the other (it even wants to poke up above some tops I wear...lol...so I have to be careful what I wear!).  Dr. Jackson has assured me that he will fix that and make them match and tells me I'll be pleased....and I trust him!  :=)

Today I get them replaced with my permanent, soft, silicone implants...yay!  I must admit...I can't wait to see what they will look like (and I'm not a vain person, but this is such a change to my body).  The reconstruction has been such a long journey......barely over 4 months.....but I don't regret it and am so happy to finally be looking at the "prize" today!  :=)  I came really close to NOT doing this!  I could have had my masectomy back in July and healed and been done....except for follow-up check-ups with my surgeon and oncologist.  And I would have been fine with that.  And I'll admit that there were times I wondered..."oh why, oh why did I do this!"...lol!  But, that was in the earlier days.  It isn't particularly easy, but it does get better.

And now, once again, I'm going under general anethesia and the knife.  I tell them they can do anything they want...as long as they put me to sleep.  lol!  I do not expect this surgery to be anything like the last one.  I expect to be sore, of course, but I do not expect to be "down" like I was with the masectomy.  I expect the healing time to be much shorter.  I have my two cancer sisters (hi Carin and Amy!), who have gone through this ahead of me, telling me that it will be instant relief!  I can't wait!  So, I can honestly say that this is one surgery I'm looking forward to!

It is outpatient surgery, so once I get awake and am ready to come home, I'll be set free!  I've come a long way baby!!!!  I'll be a new woman...lol!

Until next time....prayers are accepted and appreciated!  Thanks!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment