But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength, they shall mount up with wings as Eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31







Tuesday, December 20, 2011

CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS!

What a way to celebrate the Christmas Season....A Vince Gill and Amy Grant Christmas Concert.  It was wonderful!


My sister, Sheila, and her husband, Denver, took me last Friday.....unfortunately Larry wasn't able to go because of work committments.

The concert was in Evansville....a smaller venue, which I like.  Even though we got our tickets late and were up really high, we enjoyed it and could still see them and even get pictures with my zoom on my camera.

The stage set was beautiful and it was amazing what they could do with just lights.


They both are such good singers and seemed so "down to earth".  And we learned that Vince can be quite a character!  They sang traditional Christmas songs in the first half and then more of their own songs in the second half, along with some more traditonal ones.  I highly recommend you go if you ever get the chance.  They put on a great concert!

It seems like I have been so busy lately....which in a way is a good thing.  I'm doing really good healthwise.  Only thing to report there is that I have another surgery Thursday (in just two days!).  This will be the surgery to make nipples.  I don't anticipate it to be too bad, although I did watch a video of it that made me squirm.  lol!
If you're interested and have a strong stomach, here's the video showing the procedure I am having done on Thursday.
I did put the video directly on my blog at first, but it kept wanting to show a gross part that some of you might not want to see...so, I took it off.  So, if you want to see how this procedure is done, you can find the video at this link!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dgzxcwiAvY


CHRISTMAS WITH MY BESTIES
Sunday I went to Christmas Lunch with my friends, Linda and Martha.  This is a tradition of our's and we so enjoy it.  This year we elected to go to Nashville to the Artist Colony.  It was such a neat atmosphere and good food.  One of the things Linda wanted most over there was to get her picture with Santa (I think she was jealous of my picture with Santa...lol).  So, we were so hoping he would be walking around again like he was the day after Thanksgiving when I was over there.  Well, lo and behold, as soon as we sat down in the restaurant and ordered our food...who walks in?  Santa!!!!

Linda got her wish!  I motioned him over and he was so accomodating to us "big girls"!  What fun!  Look how tickled Linda is...I think he just made her day!  I told her that God knew the "desires of her heart" and knew she wanted to get her picture with Santa.  It was the only time we saw him that day and we had just arrived!  We didn't have to go hunt him down...he came to us!  How awesome is that?

He even had a couple of his elves with him!  I just love his elves!

Everywhere we went outside there were awesome Christmas displays for photo opportunities.  It really was decorated up nicely....even more than it was the day after Thanksgiving.  And Christmas music was also playing outside....it is a great place to go for Christmas dinner.  We have decided that may be where we go every year now.  I never really went over there in the winter....Fall is their BIG season and I had been there in the summer.  I discovered this year that Christmastime is just as special.  We didn't do a lot of shopping as we got over there late and the stores close early...but we did get to go into a few stores.

Linda and Martha are both very special to me and I don't know what I would have done without them this year.  They were a great encouragement and kicked in when I needed them most....even ran my stamping classes for me when I was too sick from chemo to do them.  We have a special bond and believe that God has molded our friendship.

Until next time....spend some time with those special friends in your life.  Cherish the people who are always there for you and let them know how you feel.  As you prepare for Christmas this week, reflect on what is important and be thankful for those special people in your life.  I know I am!
Cindy





No comments:

Post a Comment